Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mixed Emotions-7 weeks 2 days

Today I went in for a follow-up ultrasound. Baby A is measuring only a few days behind and has a heart rate of 127. Baby B isn't doing so well. Baby B is measuring a full week behind and has an extremely slow heart rate. Since Baby B was so small we couldn't get a rate on it but we could see a very slow flicker. My clinic said that it is likely that Baby B will not make it. They are bringing me back in on Saturday for another ultrasound as I just couldn't wait another week to find out what is going on. I have been through this twice before. Once the heart just stopped. The other time it was very slow and at the next appointment it had stopped.

I feel so conflicted right now. Even though I refuse to give up hope until it is 100% over, I am just so sad right now. There is another part of me that wants to be happy as Baby A is doing well. I am scared to death about losing both babies. I just couldn't handle that.

Sorry this post is short today but I really don't feel like dealing with this right now. I will post another update after my appointment on Saturday.


  1. Thinking of you and sending many prayers your way. (((HUGS)))