Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Week Ahead

Well this stupid waiting game is getting down to the wire. Today I am 8dp2dt or 10dpo. I'm still having some pretty significant cramping and I have ruled out constipation and gas. The cramps are somewhat similar to AF cramps so I am not sure what to think. AF usually doesn't come for a week after I stop the PIO injections so I am not sure what is going on. My Beta is scheduled for Thursday, however, I am thinking about changing it to Friday because of my schedule. Things have been a bit crazy with work so I am trying to hold it all together. It is tough trying to juggle a demanding job with fertility treatments but I am quite proud of myself and how well I have been doing. My job performance has not suffered at all and my boss seems pleased with how I am doing. As long as he is happy with my work and I feel as if I am doing a good job, what else could I ask for?

There is something I have been holding onto and haven't really mentioned. I guess I have been somewhat in denial and trying to keep my stress levels as low as possible during this 2WW. Last week my husband had to go see his Cardiac Electrophysiologist for his annual appointment. Over the past year he has had some problems that have landed him in the ER a couple of times. Since he is still having breakthrough episodes, the doctor feels as if the medications he is on aren't working all that well anymore. He talked about switching him to a different medication, but he doesn't think that will make much of a difference. After going back and forth about this, he has decided that the best thing for my husband is surgery. They want to go into his left atrium and ablate the heart tissue around each pulmonary vein. The doctor said that this surgery has about a 70% success rate but generally needs to be repeated one time in about three years. Right now he has a loop monitor that he is wearing for 30 days and he has to go for a electrocardiogram to make sure that his heart is in good condition otherwise for the surgery. We go back in a month to schedule the surgery. My husband is very scared about doing this but the doctor said that now is the time. I think that the more we talk about it, the more he is becoming agreeable about going through this. The doctor would like to do it before the holidays so it is going to happen rather quickly once we schedule it. As much as I don't want to see him go through this, I want him to be okay, now and in the future. I just wish things weren't so damn complicated.   

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your dh quite a lot to deal with all at once. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you and your husband are having to face such a tough situation. If you need anything, please know that I am here.

    ReplyDelete