About 10 years ago I could speak fluent French and after years of not using it, I have become quite choppy with the language. Don't get me wrong, I could go to France and get around just fine but I am not as confident as I used to be with the language. For Christmas I received Rosetta Stone TOTALe Levels 1, 2, &3 and I am going to start actively using it. When I do have children, I would love to bring them up bilingual. I know people will criticize me because I should teach them Spanish but that is my decision and that is that!
3. Finish Odd Jobs in My House
My husband and I built our house 2 years ago and about 2 months after we moved in, I had the entire thing furnished, painted, wall papered, decorated, and landscaped (thank you OCD!) Now that all of the big stuff is done, there are small things that I would like to finish:
- Add Crown molding to office and formal living room.
- Paint spare bedroom
- Decorate and furnish sitting room in master bedroom
- Fix the few nail pops that we have
- Put additional coat of poly on handrails on main staircase in foyer
- Find painting to go over buffet in dining room and find a set of mirrors or wall screen to put on the large wall opposite of buffet
- Replace standard toe-kick on base cabinets in kitchen with matching decorative base and shoe molding and add molding around center island
- Change out square columns in entry way to decorative round columns
I know that this sounds like work but it is something that I truly enjoy doing!
4. Teach My Husband How to Cook
My husband couldn't cook to save his life. Okay, he can cook but his meals consist of scrambled eggs and grilled cheese sandwiches. He currently assists me with things such as cutting up vegetables and any other light prep work...easy stuff. Once I asked him to watch the chicken I was boiling to make broth as I had forgotten carrots and had to run out to the store. I was only gone for about 15 minutes and I come home to him sleeping on the couch, the water boiling over, and the flame burnt out on the burner from the water spilling over. Needless to say we had to air out our entire house before it blew up but we managed to avoid calling the fire department.
There you have it. I know it isn't much but it is a start. For someone that hasn't had a life in pretty much 2 years, I think I did pretty good coming up with this list!